27 February 2012

"Which side will you fund, my friend? Which side will you fund?"


Dear Dr. Bones,

Paddy McTammany has received the following sad shabbiness from certain creeps (dba my.barackobama.com) evidently out to reƫlect the POTUS of us all:


The kind of organization we all decided to be a part of only works if people like you pitch in to build it. Please take a second to answer these two questions about your support for the President in 2012.

((multiple choice)) I. Which best describes your attitude? (*)

A. I plan to donate to President Obama's campaign in the next few months

B. I plan to donate after a Republican nominee is selected

C. I plan to donate in the last few months of the campaign

D. I do not plan to donate

E. I have already donated to the President's 2012 Campaign

OTHER: [please specify]
If other (please specify) ________________________

((writing sample))
II. What's one thing that would inspire you to donate to the Obama campaign? (*)

__________________________________________

(*) denotes required field

Paddy expects to spend the next week in bliss making up mental "one thing" sarcasms. "Winning the lottery" has its charms, for instance, but so, too, with reference to I. (E), does "Knowing that one deals with an organization competent to keep track of its own marks and dupes." [*]

Even moneygrubbing has its serious side, I suppose, but ¿Is it really Paddy's fault that so many goodcreeps should waste more bucks on follow-ups than they got the first time?

Happy days.

___
[*] There are also what a caller might call "backstory sarcasms," more general reflections not suitable as blank fodder. Like a pscenario about Paddy's visit to General Jackson in the Elysian Fields to inquire whether he ever thought of the Great American Democracy as one "kind of organization [that] all decided to be part of."

No comments: